Zesty, light and fluffy lemon muffins.
Servings: 12 muffins
- 2 1/2 cups SR flour
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoon lemon myrtle (dried leaf) (or add an extra teaspoon of fresh lemon zest to wet ingredients if you don't have this ingredient available)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup greek or natural yoghurt (unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 90 grams butter (melted)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (freshly squeezed) (from approximately one lemon)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest (from approximately one lemon)
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- 1 - 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- pinch lemon zest
- 1 slice lemon
Pre-heat oven to 220 degrees celsius (fan-forced).
Sift flour into large mixing bowl. Add sugar, coconut and lemon myrtle and stir to combine.
Add remaining muffin ingredients, and stir gently to combine. Don't over-stir.
Prepare muffin tin by greasing well or spraying with oil.
Spoon mixture into tins, and place into oven.
Cook for 5 minutes before turning oven temperature down to 190 degrees celsius (fan-forced). Bake for a further 10-12 minutes (or until a metal skewer inserted into a muffin comes out clean).
Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Mix icing sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest together, adding juice slowly and using just enough to form a thick paste.
Cut lemon slice into 12 small wedges.
Place a small dob of icing on each muffin and a lemon wedge.
Calories: 293kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 71mg | Potassium: 88mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 236IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1mg