A simple and wonderful old-fashioned baked peaches recipe.
Servings: 4 servings
- 500 grams fresh peaches
- 1/2 banana
- 1/4 apple
- 1 tablespoon chopped blanched almonds
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- pinch cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
Pre-heat oven to moderate (180 degrees celsius, fan-forced).
Leave skin on peaches and cut in half using a small, sharp knife. Twist each half in opposite directions to break into halves. Remove the stone.
Place peaches, flat side up, on a baking tray.
Chop banana and apple into small pieces and place in a bowl. Add almonds, nutmeg, cinnamon and half of the brown sugar and stir to combine.
Spoon the mixture into the area where the peach seed has been removed.
Sprinkle peaches with remaining sugar.
Place in oven and cook for 40 minutes.
Serve warm or cold with custard, ice cream or yoghurt.
- You'll need half a kilo of fresh peaches for this recipe. It's easier to use freestone peaches, but you can use clingstone too.
- The post contains tips on halving the peaches if you're using clingstone fruits.
- This recipe is perfect paired with Brandy Custard.
Calories: 105kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 327mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 423IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1mg