A festive favourite, this is one of the best old-fashioned rum balls recipes
Servings: 20 balls approx
- 8 weetbix (use 140 grams of a wheat breakfast cereal if you don't have weetbix in your country)
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/4 cup dried diced apricot
- 1 tablespoon strawberry or raspberry jam
- 395 grams condensed milk (1 tin)
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut (additional for rolling)
- 1 teaspoon cocoa optional (additional for dusting)
Crush weetbix to a fine consistency.
Sprinkle rum over weetbix.
Add remaining ingredients and stir well to combine.
Roll into small balls and coat by rolling in additional coconut.
Place balls on a tray lined with baking paper and place in fridge for at least a couple of hours to set.
Store in the fridge in an airtight container and enjoy cold or at room temperature.
Serve dusted with cocoa (optional).
Calories: 99kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 25mg | Potassium: 115mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 96IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 1mg