Cookies that celebrate Australia, with a generous amount of native macadamias and native spice highlights.
Servings: 18 cookies
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour (all purpose flour)
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 115 grams butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips (or roughly chopped white chocolate)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon wattle seed (roasted and ground) (optional -see above for substitute ingredient ideas)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon myrtle (ground) (optional -see above for substitute ingredient ideas)
Preheat oven to 155 degrees celsius (fan-forced).
Cream butter and sugar.
Add 3 tablespoons of the whisked eggs along with the vanilla extract and continue to beat until fluffy. Retain remaining whisked egg to brush on top of cookies before baking.
Add sifted flour, bicarb and spices. Stir to combine.
Add 1/2 of the macadamias, roughly chopped, and all of the chocolate chips and stir to combine.
Use a dessert spoon to scoop out portions of the mixture. Roll into small balls and place on trays lined with baking paper, leaving space for spreading. You should have about 18 cookies.
Brush the balls of mixture with the leftover whisked egg.
Then push a few macadamias into each cookie.
Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Calories: 195kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 75mg | Potassium: 68mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 186IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1mg