This Cucumber, Mint & Fetta Salad is proof that you don't need a long list of ingredients to make an unforgettable salad.
I first discovered this fresh summer salad at a friend's BBQ back in the early 2000's.
I fell in love with the flavours and my friend shared the recipe with me – and I've been making it since.
It's especially perfect with seafood or a summer BBQ.
- a continental (telegraph) cucumber
- fetta cheese
- fresh mint
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- salt and pepper.
The exact quantities can be found in the recipe card at the end of this post.
Making Cucumber, Mint & Fetta Salad
First, wash the cucumber and slice strips of peel from it with a vegetable peeler to create a striped effect.
Slice the cucumber and arrange on a serving platter.
Chop the mint and crumble the fetta with your hands.
Mix chopped mint and crumbled fetta together before sprinkling over the sliced cucumber.
Whisk the olive oil, lemon juice and a little salt and pepper together.
Pour the dressing over the salad and serve immediately or store in fridge until serving.
Cucumber, Mint & Fetta Salad
- 1 continental cucumber
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves, chopped (leave one sprig to garnish)
- 150 grams fetta cheese, crumbled
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Wash cucumber and slice strips of peel with a vegetable peeler to create a striped effect. Slice and arrange on a serving platter.
- Mix chopped mint and crumbled fetta together. Sprinkle over sliced cucumber.
- Whisk olive oil, lemon juice and a little salt and pepper (to taste) together. Pour over salad.
- Serve immediately or store in fridge until serving.
- This salad uses a continental (also called telegraph or english) cucumber.
- Store salad in fridge for up to one day.