or scroll for tips (and a little nostalgia).
An easy no-bake chocolate cheesecake recipe that’s topped with your favourite Easter Eggs.
Made with condensed milk, cream cheese, plenty of chocolate and a few other sweet things, this Easter Cheesecake dessert is perfect for the Easter weekend.
Making Easter Cheesecake
Each layer of this cheese cake is no-bake – yay!
You’ll need a 24.5cm (approx) round springform tin before you get started.
Okay, let’s make the base.
Step 1: The base
The 3-ingredient base requires:
- Marie Biscuits (or other plain, sweet biscuits), finely crushed
- drinking chocolate
- butter, melted.
You simply mix all of these ingredients together and press into the (greased) tin. Then pop it in the fridge to set while you make the filling.
Note that the precise quantities for the ingredients can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Step 2: The filling
The ingredients for the filling include:
- cream cheese
- condensed milk
- milk chocolate, melted
- thickened cream, whipped to soft peaks.
Beat the cream cheese and condensed milk until smooth.
Next, dissolve the gelatine in boiling water, and add this along with melted chocolate to the cream cheese mixture. Beat on medium until combined.
Fold in cream gently and then pour the mixture on top of the base and place into fridge to set for at least two hours.
Step 3: The Easter Egg topping
Now for the layer that takes this dessert from chocolate cheesecake to Easter Cheesecake!
You really can get creative here and decorate with your own favourite Easter Eggs, but here’s what I used:
- Chang’s Fried Noodles
- milk chocolate, melted
- Maltesers, crushed
- mini speckled eggs
- Cadbury creme eggs
- 3 medium hollow Easter eggs.
Combine the melted chocolate and fried noodles and spread out onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Allow to set.
Break up noodles and chocolate, once set, and place in a circle pattern a couple of centimeters inside the edge of the cheesecake to form a “nest” for your eggs.
Sprinkle Maltesers inside “nest” and then arrange the eggs in the nest.
This cheesecake can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days and is suitable for freezing.
Happy Easter! Find more Easter recipes here.
- 1 round springform tin (about 24.5cm diameter)
- 250 grams Marie Biscuits, finely crushed
- 2 tablespoons drinking chocolate
- 150 grams butter, melted
- 500 grams cream cheese
- 395 grams condensed milk
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 2 teaspoons gelatine
- 250 grams milk chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup thickened cream, whipped to soft peaks
Easter Egg Topping
- 80 grams Chang's Fried Noodles
- 150 grams milk chocolate, melted
- 50 grams Maltesers, crushed
- 125 grams mini speckled eggs
- 2 Cadbury creme eggs, halved
- 3 medium hollow Easter egg
- Grease round springform tin (about 24.5cm diameter) and line base with baking paper.
- Combine base ingredients and then press firmly into bottom of tin. Place in fridge to set.
- Beat cream cheese and condensed milk until smooth.
- Dissolve gelatine in boiling water, then add this along with melted chocolate to the cream cheese mixture and beat on medium until combined.
- Fold in cream gently and then pour the mixture on top of the base and place into fridge to set for at least 2 hours.
- Combine melted chocolate and fried noodles and spread out onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Allow to set.
- Break up noodles and chocolate, once set and place in a circle pattern a couple of centimeters inside the edge of the cheesecake to form a "nest" for your eggs.
- Sprinkle Maltesers inside "nest" and then arrange the eggs in the nest.
- Store in fridge for up to 3 days.