Packed with sultanas, peel and peanuts, and topped with a little white chocolate, these fruit and nut clusters are only a little bit naughty and a lot nice.
We’ve decorated them here with red cherries and crushed green pistachio to add a little Christmas magic.
This Fruit and Nut Clusters recipe is a nice variation on the cluster recipes that use only chocolate. Here, the clusters are held together with a biscuit-y mixture and topped with chocolate.
Nana Ling’s Fruit and Nut Clusters recipe
Keep scrolling for the tested and tweaked version.
Fruit and Nut Clusters
- 115 grams butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup SR flour
- 2 teaspoons cocoa
- 230 grams unsalted shelled peanuts
- 1 cup sultanas
- 1/4 cup mixed peel
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 18 red glace cherries
- 1/4 cup crushed pistachios
- 225 grams white chocolate
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla essence beat together.
- Add sifted SR flour and cocoa, peanuts, sultanas and peel. Mix well.
- Roll heaped tablespoons (or use a cookie scoop to measure out portions) into balls and place on a tray lined with baking paper – leaving room for a little spreading.
- Bake at 175 degrees celsius (fan-forced) for 12-13 minutes.
- Allow to cool then top with melted white chocolate, glace cherries and crushed pistachios (or your choice of topping).