Mock Cream is a popular frosting that works well with a variety of cakes and desserts.
It’s a great alternative to fresh cream, and is easy to work with when decorating. It can also be stored for up to a few days in the fridge.
Nan Mac’s Mock Cream recipe
Keep scrolling for the tested and tweaked version.
Nan Mac’s Mock Cream
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 225 grams unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Combine sugar and water in a saucepan. Stir to dissolve while bringing to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place in fridge and allow to cool.
- Whip the butter in a stand mixer until a pale colour. Add vanilla essence and mix well.
- Gradually add the cooled sugar mixture while continuing to whip the butter mixture.