These Passionfruit Biscuits are sweet and buttery with a big passionfruit hit.
You’ll need about 6 passionfruit to make up these biscuits along with these basic ingredients:
- icing sugar
- SR flour
- custard powder
I’m happy to report that this recipe is the result of my developing kitchen confidence.
I found a recipe for Passionfruit Biscuits in an old slices and biscuits recipe book that mum had given me at some stage.
However, I didn’t have enough of one of the ingredients when I went to make up the recipe. Normally, that would put an end to my efforts or I’d find something else to cook. But here, I decided to experiment a little – and was thrilled with the results.
I’m always happy when I get a good result as I’m no expert in the kitchen. I have degrees in law and science but my formal cooking training is limited to high school cooking classes!
However, I grew up surrounded by a love for home cooking. My mum, her mum (Nana Mac), and her mum’s mum (Nana Ling) have all taught me so much.
One of my favourite things as a child was to sit at the breakfast bar and watch mum roll out pastry for pies. And that was just one of the many things I watched my mum bake from that breakfast bar over the years.
And then there’s my great grandmother, Nana Ling, who was gone before I arrived into the world. She’s still teaching me through the recipes she wrote by hand 80 years ago (and inspired this whole blog).
And through this love of home cooking and my dedication to continue learning through this blog, I am at least finding myself more confident in the kitchen. I’m not an expert but I love learning and sharing what I’m learning – including this new Passionfruit Biscuits recipe.
Tips for perfect Passionfruit Biscuits
First, make sure you cream the butter, sugar and pulp until the mixture is light and fluffy.
Mum’s Passionfruit Biscuits recipe
Keep scrolling for the tested and tweaked version.
- 175 grams butter
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1/3 cup passionfruit pulp (about 4 passionfruit)
- 2 cups SR flour
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons custard powder
- pinch salt
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 passionfruit
- 1 teaspoon boiling water
- Pre-heat oven to moderate (170 degrees celsius, fan-forced).
- Cream butter, icing sugar and passionfruit pulp until light and fluffy.
- Add sifted flour, cornflour, custard power and salt and stir to combine well.
- Spoon tablespoons of mixture and roll into balls. Place onto a greased baking tray and flatten slightly with a fork.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes on the tray before using a spatula to transfer the biscuits to a cooling rack.
- Combine all ingredients and then drizzle over cooled biscuits.