or scroll for handy tips and a little nostalgia.
This Passionfruit Pecan Slice combines a golden biscuit base with a creamy, zesty passionfruit topping.
Passionfruit and pecans
These star ingredients are available in supermarkets nearly year round.
I found them in season and fresh, the passionfruit from my own backyard vine and the pecans at my local farmers markets.
If you manage to get them fresh, well that’s wonderful. If not, the slice will still be packed with flavour and just a little bit decadent!
Making Passionfruit Pecan Slice
This new slice is also climbing up my list of favourites! And, like most no-bake slices, it’s super easy to create.
Here, you mix up the biscuit and pecan nut base and leave it to set in the fridge while you create the passionfruit layer. The topping is a mixture of white chocolate and condensed milk, heated over medium heat. Once combined, you whisk in passionfruit pulp and lemon juice before spreading over the top of your biscuit base.
Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!
Passionfruit Pecan Slice
- 250 grams sweet packet biscuits (I used Arnott's Milk Coffee)
- 100 grams pecans
- 150 grams melted butter
- 1/4 cup passionfruit pulp (that's about 3-4 passionfruit)
- 395 grams condensed milk
- 180 grams white chocolate
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (that's about 1 lemon)
- Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Blend or process biscuits and about 2/3 of the pecans until finely crushed.
- Add melted butter and mix or process until well combined.
- Press the mixture firmly into the tray and use a spoon to evenly smooth the top of this biscuit base layer.
- Sprinkle remaining pecans over biscuit base and press gently into the biscuit base.
- Place into fridge to set while you make the top layer of the slice.
- Put condensed milk and white chocolate into a saucepan and place on stove over medium heat. Stir until chocolate melts.
- Remove from heat and whisk in passionfruit and lemon juice.
- Remove tray from fridge and pour passionfruit mixture over the biscuit base. Smooth out evenly with a spoon. Return to fridge to set.
- Leave in fridge to set for at least a couple of hours. Once set, remove from fridge and lift slice from tray by holding edges of baking paper. Cut into squares.
- Store slice in the fridge.